Before undertaking any work on the railway you need to be competent (i.e. to have the right knowledge, experience, ability, attitude and behaviour). Competence management requirements set out in:
- Rail Safety and Standards Board RS/100 "Good Practice Guide on Competence Development".
- Engineering Council's PAS 525:2018 Framework for Assessing Professional Engineering Competence Specification
- The UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) describes the competence and commitment requirements that have to be met for registration as an Engineering Technician (EngTech), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- Office of Rail and Road (ORR) "Developing and maintaining staff competence". Railway Safety Publication 1 November 2016
ExcelWraps provides a platform to develop your own strategies for training and competence assessment. It goes beyond a tick box approach and satisfy requirements for competence management using your everyday working procedures:
- Develop structured training programmes and publish it online.
- Provide a platform for remote assessment of competence (online assessment/exams).
- Incorporate standards and regulation into the competence management system.
- Develop your own strategy for assessing competence based on qualifications, specific on the job training and by reference to previous contracts.
- Set competency expiration dates.
- Produce a confidential record of an individuals competence.
- Produce a statement of organisational competence to win work.
- Produce a statement of organisational competence for auditing purposes.
- ExcelWraps solutions are predicated knowing what individuals are qualified to complete particular tasks. This basic principle is fundamental to our approach and ensures that any process can be undertaken efficiently, safely and with all the necessary controls to be successful in any endeavour.